Creating respectful, inclusive, and discrimination-free workplaces makes good business sense.
This full-day interactive workshop is designed to assist employers, business owners, managers, human resources professionals, union leaders and members of the public to understand their rights and responsibilities under human rights law.
Topics covered include:
– How human rights are protected by law
– Discrimination and the BC Human Rights Code
– Preventing, addressing, and responding to racism and other forms of discrimination in the workplace
– An employer’s duty to accommodate
– Supporting employees with addictions
– Dealing with bullying and harassment in the workplace, including sexual harassment
– COVID-19 and human rights
– Creating an inclusive, discrimination-free workplace
– Navigating the Human Rights Tribunal process