Our workshops help people understand their rights and responsibilities under BC’s human rights laws.
We offer public education workshops and training sessions on a range of human rights topics. Sessions raise awareness about human rights law across the province and help employers, HR professionals, housing providers, and other service providers, as well as the general public, to understand their rights and responsibilities under BC’s human rights laws.
Our workshops are dynamic, engaging, and will leave you feeling confident and empowered to centre human rights in your work.
What we offer
Information and training on the basics of human rights law:
- What are human rights?
- How are human rights protected?
- What can I do if my human rights are violated?
- What can I expect if I file a human rights complaint?
Information and training for businesses – employers, managers, human resource professionals, small business owners and more – on preventing human rights complaints and complying with human rights obligations:
- The duty to accommodate employees with disabilities
- Preventing, investigating and responding to sexual harassment
- Creating a respectful, inclusive and discrimination-free workplace
- Process and procedures of the Human Rights Tribunal
Information and training for other groups with human rights obligations:
- Service providers
- Educational institutions
- Band councils
Public legal education on new, timely and developing human rights issues. For example:
- COVID-19 and human rights
- Accommodating students with special needs
- New case developments and changes in the law