The Short Service Clinic provides free half-hour appointments with a lawyer or legal advocate.
The Short Service Clinic operates from 9am to 5pm on Mondays (except statutory holidays), and from 5pm to 8pm on Wednesdays.
We can give you information about:
- How the BC Human Rights Code may apply to your situation
- How to file a human rights complaint
- General information about the human rights complaint process
- Other organizations that may be able to help
Until further notice, all appointments will be by phone. Clinic staff will call you from an “anonymous” or “unknown” number. Please adjust your phone settings so you can receive our call.
If you would prefer an appointment by video-conference over Zoom, email [email protected] by noon on the business day before your appointment with your request.
If you need an interpreter, email [email protected] with your name, the date of your appointment, and the language you speak. Please make your request at least three business days before your appointment.
Booking an Appointment
Appointments are available between 9am and 5pm on Mondays (except statutory holidays), and between 5pm and 8pm on Wednesdays.
Appointments book up quickly. If you don’t see any available time slots in the next two weeks, check back next Monday. We make appointments available two weeks in advance.
If you book a same-day appointment, please also email [email protected] to let us know.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions. Once you indicate your agreement to the terms and conditions by checking the box below, you will be taken to the booking page to make your appointment.
- A lawyer or legal advocate will call you at the scheduled time. They will speak with you for up to half an hour. They will give you general information to help you understand your rights under the BC Human Rights Code.
- The Clinic does not guarantee further legal assistance or representation beyond this appointment.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please do so at least 24 hours before your appointment so that others may book the slot. Repeated missed appointments or late cancellations may result in you being prevented from booking further appointments.
- The Clinic reserves the right to cancel your appointment if you have already visited the Clinic multiple times for the same issue.
- Offensive or insulting language towards Clinic staff will not be tolerated. Inappropriate conduct will result in Clinic staff ending your appointment, and may prevent us from continuing to assist you.
Book Your Appointment
To book an appointment please confirm you have read and accept our terms and conditions.